Sunday, February 4, 2007

Universal attraction


Fascinated with the sand between his toes


Omanis enjoying an evening walk along the shore


Taking a respite from surfing


Basking in the mid-morning sun


Hunting for food

Fishing into the evening

What is the attraction living beings have for the Ocean? No matter where you are, what your nationality, what your intention, the ocean never fails to deliver what you seek.

I go into her lap to seek solitude, to feel one with nature, to let her power & strength seep into me, and to lift my spirits. I love walking her shores at dawn, absorbing the salty aroma and sense of peace she exudes; slowly watching the sun rise over the horizon, I am always rewarded with a brilliant show of colors both over the water and sky. The feelings are indescribable (wonder, gratitude, happiness.... all that and much more). You have to experience it to feel it.....

I almost forget to breathe, awe-struck

5 comments:

Riot said...

I really liked the photograph of Omani men walking along the beach. The reflection and the framing gives it depth. Didn't mean to over analyze :) In short, nice picture :)

Kauai is my favorite island destination. Watching the sun rise, mellow orange/red waves, sipping garma garam chai is total bliss :)

Unknown said...

Nai.. you din't over analyze. Thanks though. That pic was from my recent travel to Muscat, where I caught these three men walking by fluke, while running errands for a friend... I've learnt that carrying your camera everywhere can be an encumbrance most of the times, but it can be worth it yes?

I've not been to Hawaii yet, but I've heard its gorgeous..... I do prefer ocean fronts that aren't crowded...The New Smyrna beaches in FL were where I took the last 3 pics during my early morning outing.

As for the garma garam chai.... hmmmm that to me evokes the earthy smell after the first monsoon rains have cooled the sun-baked dirt.... I'm a monsoon lover... don't mind me:))

Alex said...

The first and the last photo was so innocent and mesmerising.

loved it. :)

Beautifully captured.

Shweta said...

Thanks Alex... appreciate ur comments..

susheel said...

Came across your blog by chance..

Had to say - The Photos are Marvellous!!!!